Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Have Arrived

The move is complete! Since my room is so small, I've been sorting through things to get tidy. A lot of it I plan on selling for some extra cash since I don't need a bunch of unused stuff laying around. And good news on a job/regular paycheck: I just need to call on Monday to set up my work schedule and find out my pay rate -- I'll be a file clerk at an attorney's office.
Also, I'm having a fun time finding where everything is. About 5 minutes away is a great nightlife area complete with a variety of restaurants (Asian-themed bistro, Brazilian steakhouse, etc.) and interesting drink menus, I'm sure ;) Just need to get out and make some friends!
And since the year is winding down a little, feeling like I need a change and starting anew, I'm planning on a new dye job and hair trim. Not exactly sure when, but sometime before the end of the year and after I've pawned some belongings.
What has inspired the motivation? New surroundings, new beginnings. To be honest, I'm really upset about this move but I can make the best of it by diving in and doing things I've been putting off forever, like: learning to use my scanner/printer, doing a major cleaning job in my new room, getting through my reading list slowly but surely. Which reminds me, I need to get a library card (The Master and Margarita is next on my list).

No comments: