Friday, November 19, 2010

Dream I: Vincent Gallo

Yeah, I know. Vincent Gallo. I have a crush on him because of his nose, don't judge. The dream follows a recurring theme for me: getting caught up doing mundane things while a guy gets irritated that I'm not paying attention to him.
So in this dream I'm standing outside a building waiting with a crowd of people and Vincent Gallo is one of them. We're both dressed like Marlene Dietrich.

For some reason, we start to quietly flirt with each other. We link arms and go inside the building; come to find out, we're there for a lecture on feminist literature. During the lecture, I'm randomly working on a painting with the canvas resting in my lap. Instead of painting with a brush, I'm using the head of a sewing pin.

While attempting to use such a small utensil to make pastel polka dots on my canvas, Vincent Gallo is giving me love letters in pink envelopes. After a while he gets irritated because I have about 3 or 4 envelopes and I haven't opened them yet, I'm holding them in one hand while continuing to paint with the other. Slightly hurt that I'm not reading his handwritten declarations of love, he grows quiet and to make up for it, I put my arts and crafts project away. He forgives me and we put our arms around each other, looking to the speaker of this particular lecture: Simone de Beauvoir is discussing Existential Feminism.

No comments: