Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kitchen Junk

I'm obsessed with kitchen stuff so .. just thought I would share the things that I feel is my right to own (yet don't. Le sigh).
These are corncob-shaped cornbread molds. I just need them. Not sure why because I don't even like cornbread. The kitsch factor increases my lusty-ness over them. I feel it necessary to display them prominently in my future kitchen even though they will probably never be used.
Baking is one of my favorite hobbies and I tend to stare these KitchenAid mixers down whenever I pass them in a department store. Notice the blue color and take note. Turquoise or aqua cookware is kind of my thing. And by kind of my thing, I mean constantly going over in my head on how to decorate my future kitchen and stock it with so many turquoise items that it's just, I don't know, ridiculous? It's a sickness. But a delightful, delirious sickness that sends me into a cheery fit.
This is turquoise cookware by Le Creuset. It's expensive-ish. It's turquoise. Therefore, I need it.
This is a turquoise colander by Paula Deen. It is most likely not very expensive yet it's more upscale than your average grocery store emergency aisle fixture. It is turquoise. So it's floating somewhere in my imaginary kitchen near the imaginary white porcelain sink.
And of course, a cake stand. I felt the pink would be a nice contrast. And it's so dainty! I've always had this idea of a perfect dining room, fabulous dark wood sideboard/table/chairs, beautiful hand polished silverware and serving accoutrements, and a cake stand.
It's always bothered me that dining rooms are now combined with the living/sitting room into one big room .. that opens into the kitchen. STOP IT! A separate dining room should be brought back to regular use, along with a separate room for a kitchen and a butler's pantry, and those darned disappearing mantelpieces! Seriously, I'm just going to have to buy a house that is a 1930s original to get what I want. But I feel that me making such a statement is, well, a given.

No comments: