Monday, May 16, 2011

Make Use Of Your Mantelpiece

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's been a while. But I've been busy and this is a legitimate excuse because I have a part time job! Yay!
Anyways, I've always had this thing for opulent home decor and I enjoy perusing pictures of various interiors. Yet I draw the line at watching HGTV. This particular picture is of Elsa Schiaparelli's sitting room (she is reading serenely in what I can only assume is a chaise lounge). What draws my eye the most is the mantelpiece and the mirror above it (you may click on the image to enlarge). It seems if one actually has a fireplace in one's home (it's a rarity these days, which is quite the tragedy), the mantelpiece is so dinky there is no room whatsoever for items such as: pictures in decorative frames, statues/idols, tiny clocks, bud vases, books, candle sticks or candelabra, houseplants, or perhaps a collection of antique something or others to display. If you have a mantelpiece, please put it to good use. It's a shame to waste something that is so obviously ignored in the modern household of today.

No comments: